Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sorry...

I am so sorry I have gotten behind in my posts. Just so much going on around here with school being out that I have just lost interest in posting new recipes. Plus, I am now hooked to Facebook and its many games,especially Farmtown. If it was only that easy on the real farm..LOL.

I have a family reunion coming up on September 5 and my mom and dad's 40th anniversary is September 7. Then John has a birthday on September 6...man am I gonna be busy baking then. I am making my sister a birthday cake this weekend. I will have to take pictures and post them before six months passes again. Oh course, all these are surprise cakes.

For the family reunion, I am planning on making a family tree cake. I have bought the fondant and all ingredients I am gonna need. I think I am making it as a sheet cake and then making the actual tree of fondant. I will post more on that idea when I take the pics of the finished product. I am looking forward to this challenge as I have never made anything out of fondant except the one wedding cake.

No comments: