Tuesday, December 9, 2008

IOWA COOL

Another delicious recipe tht I am going to be doing every year...often. Also known as Pistachio or Watergate Salad.

1 pkg instant pistachio pudding
1 large can crushed pineapple
1 cup mini marshmellows
1 small carton Cool Whip

Place dry pudding in bowl. Add pineapple and juice. Stir in marshmellows. Mix well. Fold in Cool Whip. Chill and serve.

I like to use the colored marshmellows to add more effects to it. You could also add a few pecans or walnuts if you like alot of nuts in it.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Hey Becky, This sounds like... I can't remember the name... something Heavenly. That pumpkin dip sounds scrump - a - lishous! Have you made that sweet potato pudding I think it was called... the 3rd one down? :)

nanabek4 said...

No, I havent tried the grannys sweet potato pudding yet, but I think it is on the list for Christmas baking.
Seems like the Iowa cool did have a Heavenly name... my aunt used to make something very similar to this and I found this recipe in one of my cookbooks and fell in love with it. I could eat it everyday. The pumpkin dip.. oohh it is heavenly. We are doing it and serving it with ginger snaps and graham crackers again for Christmas. I will try to get pics as soon as we get to baking again. I think my sister and I am gonna start this Sunday preparing for Little Grannys next Saturday. I do know that the pumpkin roll is on the menu. I was scared to attempt it for the first time Thanksgiving but i am going to bite the bullet and get to it.