Monday, August 4, 2008

HEAVENS GROCERY STORE

I was walking down life's highway a long time ago. One day I saw a sign thatread `Heaven Grocery Store'.As I got a little closer, the door came wide open, And when I came to myself, Iwas standing inside.I saw a host of angels. They were standing everywhere. One handed me a basketand said, "My child, shop with care." Everything a Christian needed was in theGrocery Store. And if you couldn't carry them, you could come back for more.
First I got some PATIENCE. LOVE was in the same row. Further down wasUNDERSTANDING, you need that wherever you go.I got a box of WISDOM, a bag or two of FAITH. I couldn't miss the Holy Ghost,for He was all over the place. I stopped to get some STRENGTH and COURAGE tohelp me win the race And though my basket was getting full, I remembered to getsome GRACE.I didn't forget SALVATION, for salvation, that was free. So, I tried to getenough of that to save both you and me.
Then I started up the counter to pay thegrocery bill, for I thought I had everything to do my Master's will.As I went up the aisle, I saw PRAYER and I just had to put that in, For I knewwhen I stepped outside, I would run into SIN. PEACE and JOY were plentiful, theywere on the last shelf. SONG and PRAISES were hanging near so I just helpedmyself.Then I said to the Angel, "Now how much do I owe?"He just smiled and said, "Just take them everywhere you go!"Again I smiled at him and said, "How much do I really owe?"The Angel smiled again and said, "My child, Jesus paid your bill a long timeago."

No comments: